jamesjbigler

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Asheville

From BentCreek081010


Amy and I stayed at the Trails End home in Asheville last week. The house was not nearly as fancy as the cabin we stayed in last year, but it was really nice to be able to roll out of your front door and on to the trails at Bent Creek. Last year driving back and forth from cabin to the trail 45 minutes each way took a lot of the fun out of our trip.

Trails End is a typical seventies style ranch with wood paneling and other 70s decor. It does have lots of room though with 8 beds, front and rear covered porch, and a rear patio and deck. My only real complaint was the septic system. We were given explicit instructions on how we could use the bathroom, kitchen, and laundry. Even though we followed those instructions the basement still flooded twice.

I am still glad we rented that place though. I had a really good week.

Amy's family came on the first couple days. We played board games, went on big group ride together, and hung out some downtown. It was really great to spend some time with them.

The day after the family left, Amy and I did a fun ride up North Boundary and down Green's Lick. I had heard about this trail, but I had never ridden it. It was a blast. The trail has huge berms and jumps all the way down. While riding Green's Lick, I was shaking I was so excited.

Towards the end of the week, it started raining and I caught a cold so our riding rapidly declined. I am still thankful for the time we had good weather and health though. It was well worth the trip.

No comments: