jamesjbigler

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Birthday

Tried to make a cake for my girlfriend's birthday like the cake mama made for her birthday last Saturday.





Mama was nice enough to give me a recipe for the ganache and the mousse, and my girlfriend gave me a recipe for the cake.

I am not much of a baker, but I tried to follow the instructions the best I could.

I think the icing and the mousse came out pretty well. However the Droste cocoa



I used for the cake made it taste a little funny. It was almost hot and spicy instead of milky and creamy. I had never used the cocoa before but it looked fancy and was expensive so I thought it would have been good. Oops.

Plus the cake was a little dry. Not sure how I messed that part up. Next time I think I will just be safe and use one of the mixes from the baking aisle.



Betty Crocker knows her stuff.

No comments: